With Mother’s day only a couple of days away I thought I would share with all the new and not so new fathers how best to deal with this special day for the Moms in your life. Yes this not only goes for your Mom but also your wife.
Yes I know that your wife isn’t your mom, but she is the mother of your kids. If those said kids are still babies or young kids who can’t get themselves to the store or make something special on their own, they either need your help or you to hire a personal shopper to help them. How would you like it if your wife said “oh you’re not my Dad so sorry about your luck” on Father’s day?!
So I am going to save you a trip to the “dog house” with some easy tips on how to help your kids show their mom how special she is to them.
1. Make sure that you get her a card, either bought at the store or hand-made from the kids.
2. Take some of the day-to-day responsibilities away from her. Either cook the meals that day or take the family out so that she doesn’t have to cook. If you do cook, please make sure that you clean up too. There is nothing worse than having to spend hours cleaning up after those wonderful cooked by someone else meals.
3. Treat her to something special. Maybe a trip to the spa for a massage or pedicure. Nothing makes for a happy Mom and wife, than a little bit of pampering!
4. Take the kids to the store and let them pick something out for her. Sure she might love something that comes in the special blue box from Tiffany, but those fuzzy pink slippers that the kids picked out at Target would also be special because she knows that it was a gift that her kids truly thought she would like. You know how you bought your dad a new tie or new box of golf balls every Father’s day and Christmas for 20+ years growing up, he would have loved every one of them!
5. Ask her what she would like to do for her day, and if she says that she wants to spend it alone, let her. Yes, you will let her go without saying a word and making her feel guilty. I am sure you don’t feel guilty when you spend the day on the golf course on Father’s day by yourself, without your kids or wife.
6. Don’t forget about your own mom! Give her a call, send her a card (there is still time – run to the store, buy one and put it in the mail right now) and better yet, grab her some flowers and take her out to lunch on Mother’s day while your wife is at the spa by herself. Because she is also a Grandma and will tell you that being able to spend time with her son and grandkids would be a wonderful way to spend Mother’s day.
Above all, Mom just wants to know that they’re loved and appreciated. So whatever you do for this one day, make sure both your Mom and your wife know this!
My good friend Joann from Woman in Real Life posted the most adorable kid friendly craft to do with your kids for Valentine’s Day and I just had to share it with you all! Really how cute are these hearts? Think of how proud your kids would be to see their hard work and sewing in these. And for moms of little ones, trust me they can do this! As a mom of Montessori kids I know that at 3 years old your child can sew with an actual (sharp) sewing needle.
I love crafts, but sadly I spent a lot more time doing crafts before kids as I had a lot more time. I am always looking for simple and fun crafts that I can do with my kids – key point being that they are able to do it and not just watch me (always a lesson in self control as the perfectionist in me wants to take over). This one is easy. Joann had full instructions and other ideas posted on her website.
I am heading to Michaels today to stock up on supplies so the kids and I can enjoy this craft together after school. Thanks Joann for allowing me to share with my readers!
Enter To Win with Grace Announcements “Great Gifting Holiday Giveaway”: Featuring a 7 inch 4.0 Android Tablet
Who doesn’t like to receive the latest tech gadgets during the holiday season? I know we do, so here is your chance to win a Craig 7 inch 4.0 Android Tablet to give as a great gift or gift it to yourself. So how do you win the tablet? Well that’s easy! Any order from now until December 12th, 2012 at 11:59pm EST is automatically entered to win our prize of the Craig Tablet. The winner will be drawn on December 13th.
Wouldn’t it be great to give somebody special a gift like this or keep it for yourself as a reward for purchasing your holiday cards? Don’t need holiday cards, that’s okay – we also offer lots of great gift items like personalized stationery perfect for teachers or friends, personalized placemats for kids seen on Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood, and wall art featured on the Steven & Chris show.
Visit our website for full details.
One of the parts of being a kid is writing your yearly letter to Santa. I know my kids look forward to it and usually start mid-summer! In preparation for our Santa Claus parade this year I created this letter for my kids and wanted to share it with you all.
Download your printable Letter to Santa now and mail it to Santa at:
It’s that time of year when we are putting together our holiday shopping lists. Some of the most important people on my list (besides of course my family) are my kids teachers. We’re blessed every year with the most amazing teachers so I want to put extra effort and though into their gifts. After all they do put up with my kids and many others all day long!
So for something different we wanted to put together a list of our top 5 picks for personalized gifts for those teachers who dedicate their life to teaching our kids. The best part is these are all from Canadian companies. In no specific order our picks are:
Made with earthenware clay, stamp a teacher’s name and then glaze the apple red with a green leaf and brown stem and then attach a pretty dark green organza ribbon for hanging. The ornament is also available in Sour Apple Green. They also make a very nice gift tag or wrapping decor for a special present or anyway you think to use them. Please note, they take 3-6 weeks so don’t wait long to order!
2. Personalized Pencils from Childish – $12
Emboss the teachers name in gold into the pencil available in many different colours and create their own personalized pencil set. They allow 30 characters so you can even include a short message like “Mrs. Smith – The Best Teacher!”
3. Book Labels from Mabel’s Labels - $16.95
Give a gift every teacher will use and help ensure their belongings will be returned back to them with these stylish, versatile labels. Please note, these labels are not waterproof. If their teacher is anything like me you can give any of the labels they sell and they would be happy. I use my sticky labels on everything from my iPhone to my stapler!
A great gift for any teacher, this apple notepad is a sure way to impress any paper lover. Perfect for writing a quick note, they are so handy you can use them to jot down ideas or write out your to do list.
They turn sensible, everyday items into adorable, must-have gear. They offer eco friendly water bottles, bags and accessories that are all personalized with names, sayings and designs that your kids teacher will love! Each piece is custom designed – simply choose your favourite colours, fonts and designs.
Our 2012 Holiday Card line is here and we wanted to reward our customers for ordering early with a free gift! Every Holiday Greeting Card order will receive 10 free gift tags* so don’t wait, order now to beat the rush.
Did you know what sets us apart?
- you get to work one on one with your own designer who will take care of your order from start to finish to make sure that your order is exactly what you wanted.
- we offer unbeatable quality by professionally printing all of our cards with the best suppliers we can find.
- custom design service for no extra money so you can send out a card that is 100% you, no need to have to pick an existing template.
- fast turnaround times guarantee that your order will arrive to you and leave you plenty of time to send them out
- we offer many choices to fit every budget, from our digital “print your own” card to our premium cardstock cards.
Why wait, stop by and see our selection of holiday cards for everything from Christmas to Hanukkah. If you can’t decide or there isn’t anything perfect, just for you, let us know and we are happy to help you decide!
*While supplies last (although we have lots to go around!)
We are turning 7 years old and we want to celebrate by giving you the chance to win FREE photo holiday greeting cards!!
ONE lucky reader will win 50 – 4″ x 6″ Photo Holiday Greeting Cards valued at $80.
To enter, simply fill the form with your qualifying entries and tell us what is your favourite thing about the holidays below. Good luck everyone!
Grace Announcements is a proud Canadian company and to celebrate Canada Day we are offering a BOGO (Buy One Get One) Sale on all of our Wall Art Prints.
Limited time offer – July 1, 2012 to July 3, 2012 at 11:59pm EST only.
How it works:
- Shop www.graceannouncements.com for the wall art prints you would like.
- Purchase one print normally from the website.
- Complete checkout, but don’t FINALIZE ORDER.
- Upon order confirmation enter your free print details in the “Comments” section. (see below)
- Be sure to include the wall art print, colours if necessary, and name.
- Double check that all information (billing and shipping address, items ordered, free print details) is correct.
- Finalize order and complete your payment.
*Note – Free Print will be the same size as the purchased print. (ie. buy an 8×10, get an 8×10 free)
These are some of my favourites available on our website, pricing as low as $0.80 each and personalized with your child’s name.
Because we are so busy during November and December working hard to get out all of your holiday card orders our own personal shopping is usually last minute. I vow every year to do it early, maybe 2012 will be that year!
Well for those of you like me I wanted to share a gift to you, gift tags that you can download and print yourself. You can print them on any paper or Avery 10 Labels per Sheet pack and stick them right on your gifts.
Merry Christmas from Grace Announcements! Download them here ~ Downloadable Christmas Gift Tags